Mequon United Methodist Church
Making God's love real . . .
Making God's love real . . .
If interested in pursuing a position with the Mequon United Methodist Church, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to ATTN: Pastor Sue, Mequon United Methodist Church, 11011 North Oriole Lane, Mequon WI 53092. If you have questions, please call the church office at 262-242-4770.
Job Purpose: Music Director
Responsible for directing all music ministries both traditional and contemporary under the direction of the Pastor. Work as a part of the Worship Team to help musicians, singers, and the congregation grow as disciples of Jesus Christ through worship and music
The Music Director
- a part-time salaried position (approximately 12-15 hours/week) which includes 2 weeks of paid vacation.
- hired by and accountable to Staff-Parish Team
- supervised by the Pastor
Direct and Manage the Music Ministry:
- develop the music calendar for regular church services, special church services and church-sponsored events
- conduct performances of the adult and contemporary music team at regular church services, special church services and church-sponsored events
- schedule and conduct adult choir rehearsals and contemporary music team rehearsals
- recruit and maintain membership in the adult choirs and contemporary music team
- work with the Children's Ministry Director to enhance the children's faith journey through music including the Children's Christmas pageant and Children Sabbath services
- provide a learning and faith-building experience for choir members and the contemporary music team
- identify and schedule guest soloists/artists/ensembles for “special music” at regular and contemporary church services, special church services and church-sponsored events
- work with the pastor to select and integrate music within regular church services, special church services and church-sponsored events
- provide information on the music ministry to the MUMC office for inclusion in bulletins and announcements
- build and maintain an appropriate music library
- supervise the organist
- attend and actively participate in staff meetings and the MUMC Worship committee
- assume leadership role in marketing and promoting music ministry programs
- other duties as assigned by the pastor
- Must feel “called” by the Lord to do His work
- Have a passion for the staff position (job), and growing disciples
- Computer knowledge, general office machines experience
- Sing and play rhythm guitar or piano at a public performance level
- Can read and transpose sheet music and chord charts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or 2 to 3 years successful experience in church music, both traditional and contemporary.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and relationship building skills
- Organization and administrative skills, including effectiveness in handling details
- Working knowledge of choral rehearsal techniques and conducting
- Knowledge of traditional and contemporary Christian music
- Knowledge of Copyright laws